More On:

Influencers

David Dobrik exits plank of Dispo photo program amid Vlog Squad rape scandal

Biden-boosting influencer’Brooklyn Dad’ slammed for taking PAC money

Olivia Rodrigo says she does not know Sabrina Carpenter’whatsoever’

YouTube actress David Dobrik apologized a second time Tuesday for its rape and sexual assault allegations that have roiled his famous internet business.

At a seven-minute YouTube video, the favorite influencer stated he believed the girls who accused his longtime friend and collaborator Dominykas Zeglaitis of sexual misconduct whilst expressing remorse for failing to cover the problem sooner.

“I had been completely disconnected from the fact that when people were encouraged to film videos with us, especially videos that depended on jolt for views or whatever it was, that I had been producing an unfair power dynamic. I didn’t know this earlier,” Dobrik stated from the emotional clip posted on some 18 million-subscriber YouTube channel early Tuesday morning.

“It was completely wrong and that I wish I had been more responsible and that I wish I had been more aware at the time and I’m so sorry I overlooked this.”

An Insider investigation detailed a young lady’s account of how Vlog Squad associates gave her alcohol before Zeglaitis had intercourse with her while she had been too drunk to consent. In the week since the report has been released, Dobrik has abandoned the plank of his photo-sharing program Dispo, and a dozen brands — including Chipotle, DoorDash and EA Sports — have reportedly cut ties with him.

Dobrik, 24, posted a briefer apology video a week that he stated was inadequate. In the new video, he stated he’d take a”short break” from social websites while working to launch”checks and balances” within his electronic content performance, such as an HR department so people can”communicate distress in a way that is comfortable to them.”

see also

David Dobrik exits plank of Dispo photo program amid Vlog Squad rape scandal

YouTube star David Dobrik has abandoned the plank of his…

Dobik stated he had been wrong to article footage of this girl from the night Zeglaitis allegedly raped her even though she gave him permission to do so the following moment.

“I need to apologize to her or his friends for putting them in an environment that I allowed that made them feel as though their security and worth were jeopardized,” he said.

“I didn’t know what was going on in that room, and that I should have been,” he added.

Dobrik also stated he was accountable for cleaning off previous allegations against Zeglaitis from other people such as YouTuber Ally Hardesty, who accused him of groping her without permission and forcibly kissing her.

Dobrik previously praised Zeglaitis for posting a 2017 apology video stating Hardesty’s allegations were accurate”to a degree,” according to Insider.

“I could not wrap my mind around a childhood buddy of mine doing so to people and really hurting people and I’m sorry for this,” Dobrik stated of Zeglaitis within his brand new video.