Nicole Scherzinger Sued By Their Own Founder

Nicole Scherzinger Sued By Their Own Founder

The lead singer of The Pussycat Dolls has been sued by the group’s founder, Robin Antin for purportedly “refusing” to perform in The Pussycat Dolls Reunion Tour.

In the lawsuit filed by Antin on Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court, she claimed that she spent two years negotiating with Scherzinger over the relaunch and, in 2017, got $600,000 from Live Nation that relied on Scherzinger consenting to perform in the reunion tour.

Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.

The suit says that Scherzinger “now refuses to participate in the tour” following the cancelation of the original dates due to the COVID-19 pandemic and has requested to “renegotiate the terms” of her contract.

As per the suit acquired by Page Six, the pair went to an agreement, named the Memorandum of Understanding, in February 2019 that Scherzinger would be an “active partner” and perform in a reunion tour, including up to 45 live exhibitions expected to begin in December 2019.

Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
The breakout star would get 49% of the offers and benefits of another Pussycat Dolls business, PCD Worldwide, as indicated by the claim while Antin would get the other 51%. Notwithstanding, the COVID-19 pandemic occurred and change their arrangements.
Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.

“Before the originally scheduled dates of the tour, a once-in-a-century global pandemic halted music touring activity,” the lawsuit states. They had no other alternative option than to “indefinitely postpone the tour until it became safe and economically viable to reschedule.”

The tour was initially rescheduled to May and June 2021 in Europe, yet later rescheduled once more.
Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.

“Tour dates were planned but are unable to be confirmed because of Scherzinger’s extortion,” it peruses, expressing that Live Nation has requested the return of its $600,000 investment.

Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.

According to E! News, Antin wants to be awarded damages, including all benefits lost because of Scherzinger declining to perform. The choreographer is looking for compensatory and reformatory damages, just as equitable relief due to Scherzinger’s alleged breach and tortious conduct. She requests a preliminary by jury.

Reactions to Nicole Scherzinger Sued By Their Own Founder

The Pussycat Dolls reunion now not happening because Robin Antin is suing Nicole Scherzinger for refusing to do the tour unless she gets 75% of the dolls pay and 100% of making the executive decisions. I knew it was too good to be true. Nothing has changed i see

@_j_o_s_s_

Me arriving at court to defend Nicole Scherzinger

@morganhoneyb

no one could possibly understand how important Robin Antin suing Nicole Scherzinger is to me

@thedylanhafer

did it hurt? when you found out the pussycat dolls reunion would probably be cancelled because robin antin is allegedly suing nicole scherzinger?? couldn’t be me but y’all be safe tho

@BestEggNicole

Nicole Scherzinger being sued by Robin Antin????

@gabsuxx_

For up to date celebrity news, from The New York Banner, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.

kimberly

kimberly

Leave a Reply

Sign up for our Newsletter

Get news summaries sent to your email to start your day.

For up to date celebrity news, from The New York Banner, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.