Oscar Isaac is a Guatemalan-American actor known for his versatility. He has been credited for breaking stereotypes in Hollywood. He has acted in several movies, including “Inside Llewyn Davis,” “Ex Machina,” and “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” as well as the television show “Show Me a Hero.”
Oscar Isaac's Appearance (Height, Hair, Eyes & More)
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
Facts About Oscar Isaac
|Estimate Net Worth||$12 million|
|Birthplace||Guatemala, United States|
|Birthday||March 9, 1979|
Oscar Isaac's Net Worth
As of 2022, Oscar Isaac’s net worth is estimated to be $12 million. His primary source of income is his career as an actor. (1) Isaac has been able to make enormous money from his many roles on the big screen. His recent filmography includes major roles in “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” and “Moon Knight” from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Oscar is a renowned actor who has also had success in the music business. He’s played the lead guitar in a Miami punk band, “The Blinking Underdogs.” When he was in his 20s, the band opened for “Green Day.”
Oscar Isaac's Early Life
If you’re a “Star Wars” and MCU fan, you already know about Oscar Isaac. He’s one of the actors who played the bad guy in the original “Star Wars” and starred in the recent MCU film “Moon Knight.” But what about his early life?
Oscar Isaac’s full name is Óscar Isaac Hernández Estrada. He was born and raised in Guatemala and raised in Miami. His birth date is March 9, 1979, making him 43 years old as of this writing.
His Guatemalan mother, María Eugenia Estrada Nicolle, and Cuban father, Óscar Gonzalo Hernández-Cano, a pulmonologist, moved to the United States when their son was just five months old. The family briefly resided in Guatemala before moving to Baltimore, New Orleans, and ultimately staying in Miami. (2)
Nicole, a climate scientist, is the actor’s elder sister, and Mike, a journalist, is his younger brother. His parents divorced in 1992. (3) He also grew up in a religious household. In 2006, Oscar acceded to American citizenship. His grandpa was French, and he is bilingual in English and Spanish.
Oscar Isaac's Education
In 2005, Oscar Isaac earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the Juilliard School in New York City. (4) Prior to that, Oscar attended the exclusive Southern Florida elementary school Westminster Christian School.
He also attended Santaluces Community High School and graduated in 1998. Later, the actor studied performing arts at Miami Dade College. (5) During his time in school, he loved participating in multiple stage plays and performing music and theater.
While in New York City for an Off-Broadway performance of the play “When it’s Cocktail Time” in Cuba, he really had a successful audition and was accepted to the Juilliard School. (6)
After earning a spot in the school’s acting program, he began working in the film and theater industry. Despite his young age, he was able to take on several supporting roles in movies like “Robin Hood.”
Oscar Isaac's Wife and Family Life
Oscar Isaac married Danish filmmaker Elvira Lind in 2017 after five years of dating. The two met at a party. Two sons were born to the couple in 2017 and 2019: Eugene and Mads. (7)
Oscar’s performance in New York City was captured on film by Elvira, who subsequently directed him in her “Staircase Sessions” series. At the Golden Globes in 2016, they made their red carpet debut.
Oscar Isaac's Career
Oscar Isaac is an accomplished actor who has been with some of Hollywood’s biggest names. He is a truly gifted actor who always puts in a phenomenal performance, no matter what role he is playing. He is also a musician and often uses his musical skills to enhance his acting.
Even when he was still young, Oscar was very passionate about film and music. In fact, his musical abilities are just one more example of his commitment to his craft and his willingness to go the extra mile to create a believable and compelling character.
After starring in multiple stage plays while he was still studying, Oscar immediately entered the entertainment industry and starred in the HBO miniseries “Show Me a Hero” in 2015. He won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Miniseries for his performance. He also received an AACTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for his performance in the Australian movie “Balibo” in 2009. (8)
A Golden Globe nomination came the actor’s way in 2013 for his performance in the musical drama “Inside Llewyn Davis.” He first became well-known for his supporting parts in the 2010 and 2011 movies “Drive” and “Robin Hood,” respectively.
Both “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” and “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” which were released in 2015 and 2017, included Isaac as a leading actor. Additionally, he provided the voice of Gomez, the patriarch of “The Addams Family,” in the animated series.
Aside from his outstanding role in the “Star Wars” franchise, he was recently included in another franchise, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and starred in its recent film released in 2022 entitled “Moon Knight.” (9)
Marvel Studios has been on a roll lately with their Cinematic Universe. With so many characters and stories to choose from, it takes time to keep track of them all. However, one character who stands out is Moon Knight.
A superhero named Moon Knight made his comic book debut in 1974. He is renowned for having several personalities and for using unusually aggressive tactics to combat crime.
The character of Moon Knight is ideal for Isaac as an actor. He has the ability to convey multiple personalities within the same character, as seen in his previous work. Additionally, his experience with action movies helped him to portray the superhero’s fighting style convincingly.
- Oscar Isaac Net Worth, retrieved from https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/oscar-isaac-net-worth/
- Ray Lee, 《沙丘》奧斯卡伊薩克將成為下一位漫威英雄？10點重新認識「雷托公爵」奧斯卡伊薩克, retrieved from https://web.archive.org/web/20220525172528/https://www.harpersbazaar.com/tw/celebrity/celebritynews/g37569143/facts-about-oscar-isaac/
- Miranda Collinge, Oscar Isaac: High Flyer, retrieved from https://www.esquire.com/uk/culture/film/a18451/oscar-isaac-interview/
- Oscar Isaac, retrieved from https://www.empireonline.com/people/oscar-isaac/
- Mike Hernandez, Before Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Actor Oscar Isaac Was Just a Miami Kid, retrieved from https://www.miaminewtimes.com/arts/before-star-wars-the-force-awakens-actor-oscar-isaac-was-just-a-miami-kid-8107945
- Johanna Schneller, An actor’s classroom punishment that led to Llewyn Davis, retrieved from https://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/film/an-actors-classroom-punishment-that-led-to-llewyn-davis/article16117161/
- Sophie Dodd, Oscar Isaac and Elvira Lind’s Relationship Timeline, retrieved from https://people.com/movies/oscar-isaac-elvira-lind-relationship-timeline/#:~:text=He%20may%20play%20an%20unhappily,%22for%20tons%20of%20reasons.%22
- Oscar Isaac Biography, retrieved from https://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/oscar-isaac/bio/3000386834/
- Moon Knight post-credits scene explained: Who is Jake Lockley?, retrieved from https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/fantasy/moon-knight-end-credits-jake-lockley-newsupdate/