Servings: 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
- 2 large Eggplant (2 lb; sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds)
- Sea salt
- 30 g Wholesome yum coconut flour
- 4 large Eggs (beaten)
- 85.05 g Pork rinds
- 112 g Wholesome yum blanched almond flour
- 50 g Grated parmesan cheese
- 14.79 g Italian seasoning
- 3.7 g Garlic powder
- 1.23 g Black pepper
- 473.18 ml Marinara sauce (no sugar added)
- 680.39 g Fresh mozzarella cheese (sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds)
- Fresh basil
- You can do this optional step: Place the eggplant slices on cutting boards or baking sheets in one layer, sprinkle with salt, and let it sit for about an hour. Rinse off the salt and pat the eggplant dry. This can help make the eggplant less bitter.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 degrees Celsius) and line one large or two small baking sheets with fresh parchment paper.
- Prepare three shallow bowls:
Bowl 1: Coconut flour
Bowl 2: Beaten eggs
Bowl 3: Pork rinds, almond flour, grated Parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Coat the eggplant slices with a thin layer of coconut flour, dip them in the beaten eggs, and press them into the breadcrumb mixture. Place the pieces on the baking sheets without touching them.
- Bake the eggplant slices for 25-30 minutes until soft when pierced with a fork and lightly golden.
- Spread 1/2 cup (118 ml) of marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 stoneware casserole dish. Arrange the eggplant slices in one layer, top with 3/4 cup (177 ml) marinara and half of the mozzarella slices. Repeat with a second layer of eggplant, 3/4 cup (177 ml) of marinara, and remaining mozzarella slices.
- Bake the eggplant parmesan for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the casserole is hot. You can garnish it with fresh basil if you like.
Other Keto Vegetarian Recipes
Calories: 543 kcal
Net Carbs: 12.3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: We are not certified nutritionists. Nutrition facts are an estimate and are provided as a courtesy. They are generated by an online API that recognizes ingredient names and amounts and makes calculations based on the serving size. Results may vary.
How to Store the Keto Eggplant Parmesan
To prevent bacterial growth, ensure the leftovers are stored in an airtight container or tightly wrapped in plastic wrap. It should be eaten within 3 to 4 days to ensure that it is safe to consume.