Servings: 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil). Bump up to 2 tablespoons or more if you are doing keto and want the dish to be higher in fat.
- 1 medium Onion (finely diced)
- 2 stalks of Celery (finely diced)
- 5 cloves Garlic (minced or crushed)
- 16 oz Plant-based beef
- 14 oz Diced tomatoes (use the entire can, juices and all)
- 2 level tablespoons of Tomato paste
- 2 heaping tablespoons of Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Paprika (optional, for color)
- 2 teaspoon Sage (dry. Use 2 tablespoons if using fresh. You can use less sage if you prefer)
- 2 cups Vegetable stock (or water)
- 1 tablespoon Liquid amino (optional if soy-free)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Begin by heating a large pot with olive or avocado oil. Next, add onions, celery, garlic, and a pinch of salt and ground black pepper—Sauté for approximately five minutes or until the onions have become translucent but not browned.
- Add the meatless beef to the pot and stir it in. Cook for another five minutes, occasionally stirring to avoid sticking.
- Add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste to the pot and mix them in. Cook for another five minutes until the tomatoes have melded into the other ingredients.
- Add the chili powder, ground cumin, and paprika (if using) to the pot and the sage. Let the mixture cook for another five minutes while stirring frequently.
- Next, pour 2 cups of vegetable stock or water, and bring the mixture to a boil. Cover the pot, reduce the heat to low, and let the chili simmer for 30 minutes. If you desire a thicker consistency, remove the lid for the last 10 minutes of cooking and reduce the liquid.
- Stir in the liquid amino and adjust the seasoning by adding more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve the chili hot and garnish it with parsley if desired. The chili tastes even better the following day, so it’s a great dish to make ahead.
Other Keto Vegetarian Recipes
Calories: 249 kcal
Iron: 2 mg
Calcium: 43 mg
Nutrition Disclaimer: We are not certified nutritionists. Nutrition facts are an estimate and are provided as a courtesy. They are generated by an online API that recognizes ingredient names and amounts and makes calculations based on the serving size. Results may vary.
How to Store the Keto Vegetarian Chili
To prevent bacterial growth, ensure the leftovers are stored in an airtight container or tightly wrapped in plastic wrap. It should be eaten within 3 to 4 days to ensure that it is safe to consume.