Servings: 4 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds Boneless skinless chicken breasts or 4 chicken breasts
For the Marinade:
- 2 Garlic cloves finely minced
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- ¼ cup Cilantro chopped
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
For the Avocado Salsa:
- 2 Avocados diced
- 2 small or 1 large Tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup Red onion, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno de-seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro finely chopped
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Fresh cracked pepper & salt to taste
- Whisk all the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl and set aside.
- Pound the breasts to even thickness or slice them in half horizontally to get evenly sized breasts and add to the marinade bowl. Mix through until the chicken is fully coated in the marinade. Use if needed or marinate for 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- Grill chicken over medium-high heat or in a large heavy-duty skillet on the stovetop for 5-6 minutes per side or until the inside is cooked through and the outside is charred. Top with fresh avocado salsa and serve immediately.
To Make Avocado Salsa:
- While the chicken is grilled, combine all the ingredients for the salsa in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap in the fridge until ready to use.
Other High-Protein Chicken Recipes
Saturated Fat: 4g
Vitamin A: 985IU
Vitamin C: 22.3mg
Nutrition Disclaimer: We are not certified nutritionists. Nutritional facts are an estimate and are provided as a courtesy. They are generated by an online API that recognizes ingredient names and amounts and makes calculations based on the serving size. Results may vary.
How to Store the High-Protein Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in the fridge, where they will keep for up to 3 days. Store the leftover grilled chicken breast and the avocado salsa separately in airtight containers.