Servings: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 30 Minutes
Total time: 45 Minutes
- 1 pound Chicken breasts
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil divided
- 8 ounces Sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon Soy sauce or liquid aminos
- ¼ teaspoon Dried thyme leaves or 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoons Heavy cream
- 4-ounce Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1″ thickness and cut them in half, creating 4 smaller breasts.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium oven-proof skillet. Toss mushrooms with soy sauce and thyme and add to the pan. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the hot pan. Brown chicken breasts for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Stir cream into reserved mushrooms and place on top of chicken. Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese, then place in oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165°F) and cheese is melted.
Other High-Protein Chicken Recipes
Protein: 35g | Fat: 24g
Saturated Fat: 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
Monounsaturated Fat: 10g
Trans Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 485IU
Vitamin C: 3mg
Nutrition Disclaimer: We are not certified nutritionists. Nutritional facts are an estimate and are provided as a courtesy. They are generated by an online API that recognizes ingredient names and amounts and makes calculations based on the serving size. Results may vary.
How to Store the High-Protein Chicken and Mushroom Skillet
Leftovers should be kept in an airtight container and refrigerated for 3-4 days. To reheat, pop it in the microwave or oven until it is heated. Remember, the cooked chicken should only be reheated once! You can also freeze your leftover chicken for 2–6 months.