Friday the 13th is an unlucky day for everyone, but especially for the actress.
Prior to the tragic incident, the actress was said to be sleeping when she woke up to a blazing fire in her backyard, which was directly in front of her windows, according to TMZ.
“Something as little as a cigarette butt can cause casualties and devastation,” the “General Hospital” star added to the publication. She will be unable to return to her house for the time being because the fire damaged big portions of it.
She was also able to film the whole rescue operation, which shows firefighters marching through smoke as they battled to extinguish the fires, and she can be heard remarking, “This is how it started. Isn’t this crazy?”
Monaco is a model, actress, and reality television personality who is best known for her role as Sam McCall on the ABC soap opera “General Hospital” and as the first season champion of “Dancing with the Stars.”
Reactions to Fire Consumed “General Hospital” Star Kelly Monaco's Residence
Be careful with cigarettes. One cigarette 🚬 caused a house fire. Glad Kelly Monaco of General Hospital survived but her home didn't.— Rosemary Potter (@1rpotter) May 19, 2022
I'm just so glad that Kelly's OK! So scary! 🥺 https://t.co/4CM0nh9AMy— Brittany💙 (@ALittleLiarPLL5) May 19, 2022
Thanks God she’s okay! Geeeeez and on Friday the 13th. 🥴 https://t.co/zqPogvK3HJ— Ms. Sudz, Esq. 🇭🇹 (@Sudsssy) May 19, 2022
Now @kellymonaco1 is an Everyday Hero! Sharing this impactful story about the dangers of a cigarette butt and the unbelievable speed that fire can travel could potentially prevent another fire or even save a life! #gh 💗😉💗 https://t.co/LyQ04nZ807— pam (@pjporten) May 19, 2022
So thankful you are ok and so sorry this happened to you @kellymonaco1 https://t.co/PCShdaLHcY— Anne (@xxAnne8xx) May 19, 2022
So glad she's ok♥️ https://t.co/wOcwXR2865— EliBlack (Proud member of sprina cult) (@BeautyQueenEli) May 19, 2022
So so glad Kelly is okay 💙 https://t.co/HgGxEBoCrX— val | drew is still dead rip 💙 (@starrymccall) May 19, 2022
So sorry this happened to you @kellymonaco1. So thankful you made it out safe. Sending prayers and positive vibes your way.— Audrey🇨🇦 🦋🦋 (@KelDomSante) May 19, 2022
All your fans love and Adore you so much.
omg this is scary and could’ve ended very badly. so glad you made it out safe and are okay! ❤️ @kellymonaco1 https://t.co/VNWSzP3KcM— Fe. (@moiraswigs) May 19, 2022
🙏🏼🙏🏼😕 I’m so glad she was able to escape.. angels all around her because fires spread so fast.. We ♥️ you @kellymonaco1 ♥️ https://t.co/oZpsI3VeN1— ✨Mare✨ (@EditsByMare) May 19, 2022