Lil Baby is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter who rose to mainstream success in 2017 after the release of his mixtape Perfect Timing. He is also known for his other songs and albums, such as “Harder than Ever” (2018), “Yes Indeed,” “Drip Too Hard,” and “Drip Harder.”
In this article, we’ll delve into some aspects of the rapper’s life, from his net worth, early life, career, love life, and many more!
Lil Baby's Appearance (Height, Hair, Eyes & More)
|Height||5 ft 8 in
Facts About Lil Baby
|Estimate Net Worth||$8 million|
|Birthplace||Oakland City, Atlanta, Georgia|
|Birthday||December 3, 1994|
Lil Baby's Net Worth
In 2023, Lil Baby is estimated to have a net worth of around $8 million. (1) A vast portion of his money comes from the earnings he gets from his gigs, songs, sponsorships, etc. Aside from his music career, Lil Baby also has businesses on the side.
He owns his record label, 4PF or 4 Pockets Full Record Label. In one of his magazine interviews, Lil Baby revealed that he has a dog breeding business. Lil Baby owns the industry with a close friend. The company’s name is 4PF Kennel (or 4 Pockets Full Kennel), which specializes in breeding pit bulls. (2)
His net worth is also more likely to increase this year. This is because he will open a restaurant in downtown Atlanta by the end of this year. The restaurant was supposed to open before the COVID-19 pandemic surge but could not because of restrictions.
Lil Baby's Early Life
Lil Baby was born and raised in Oakland City, southwestern Atlanta, Georgia, on December 3, 1994, making him only 28 years old as of writing. His real name is Dominique Armani Jones. His mother raised Lil Baby mainly because his father left the family when he was only 3.
In his early years, Lil Baby struggled with drugs. In 2012, he was charged with possession with the intent to sell narcotics. A year later, he was arrested again, but this time, he was charged with possessing marijuana. The marijuana he had was only less than an ounce.
In 2014, nearly two years after his first arrest, he was arrested on possession of marijuana with intent to sell and was jailed for two years.
Lil Baby has two sisters. One of his sisters is Deja Jones.
Lil Baby's Education
Lil Baby does not have a degree. He dropped out of Brooker T. Washington High School.
Lil Baby's Girlfriend and Family Life
Lil Baby is currently in a relationship with Instagram model Jayda Cheaves. The pair have been on and off since they started dating, often leaving fans to wonder what happens in the couple’s relationship. But no worries, we got you covered! In this portion of the article, we will unravel the complicated twist and turns of the couple’s complex relationship by giving you five facts about the couple’s relationship timeline.
- The couple has been on again and off again since 2016.
- Lil Baby and Jayda have a son named Loyal, born in 2019. He is currently four years old and is greatly adored by his father. He celebrated his 4th Birthday last February 19 with the rapper, as per the rapper’s Instagram post.
- In February 2021, Jayda Cheaves seemingly dropped hints that they broke up again!
- Lil Baby told interviewers he felt he wasn’t in love with Jayda shortly after welcoming their son.
- Lil Baby has been caught cheating, but she continues returning to him after months of breaking up.
Aside from Jayda Cheaves, who is often regarded as one of his most visible girlfriends because of their public breakups, Lil Baby has also been in a relationship with six other women.
From 2010-2015, he was in a relationship with Ayesha Howard, also known as Ayesha Golden. The rapper was only 17 at that time, and she was 24. She is the mother of Lil Baby’s first son, Jason Armani. (3) After their breakup, he got into a relationship with Jayda, and sometime between the two’s many breakups, he got into a relationship with Alexis Skyy.
Lil Baby has also been linked to Teanna Trump, model Heather Rose, Slim Danger, and Saweetie.
Lil Baby's Music Career
Lil Baby’s career started at the age of 17 when he met with Quality Control Records founder Kevin “Coach K” Lee, who encouraged him to become a rapper. Lil Baby rose to prominence after his mixtape, “Perfect Timing” (2017). Merely three months after its release, it was followed by another mixtape called “Harder than Hard.”
Afterward, another mixtape was released called “2 The Hard Way,” a collab with Atlanta rapper Marlo. Before the year ended, he released another mixtape called “Too Hard.” Also, in the same year, Lil Baby created his record label, “4 Pockets Full” (4PF).
The following year, he released his first-ever studio album, “HarderThan Ever” (2018), which became part of the Billboard Hot 100. In the same year, he released two other mixtapes, “Drip Harder and Street Gossip.” The former reached the Billboard Hot 100 and was certified as Diamond by the RIAA, while the latter placed #2 in the US Billboard 200.
In June 2019, he and the rapper Future released a single called “Out the Mud.” In July of the same year, he and DaBaby appeared in the single “Baby” for Quality Control’s second studio album, “Control the Streets, Volume 2.” By November of that year, he would release his single called “Woah” for his studio album “My Turn.” The song got top 15 on the Billboard Hot 100.
The rest of his studio album, “My Turn,” was released in 2020. The album debuted at number one on US Billboard 200. In June 2020, he released a political track called “The Bigger Picture” to support the George Floyd protests. The song debuted at number three on the Billboard Hot 100.
In June 2021, he collaborated with Lil Durk and released the song “The Voice of the Heroes,” which debuted at number one on the Billboard 200. He also collaborated with Drake and released “Girls Want Girls” in September 2021.
Lil Baby welcomed 2022 with a collaboration with Nicki Minaj for “Do we have a Problem?” In April of the same year, he released his singles “In A Minute” and “Right On,” placing numbers 14 and 13 on the Billboard Hot 100. In September, he released a promotional single called “Detox Later” and “Heyy,“ a part of his album, “It’s Only Me.”
In December 2022, Lil Baby held a birthday concert for his fans at the State Farm Arena. On February 28, 2023, Lil Baby took to Instagram to announce the release of his collab with Friday called “Forever.”
Awards Won By Lil Baby
- 2019 BET Awards for Best New Artist
- 2021 ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Music Awards – Songwriter of the Year
- 2021 ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Music Awards for Baby, The Bigger Picture, Emotionally Scarred, For the Night, Leave Em Alone, Sum 2 Prove, We Paid, WOAH
- 2022 ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Music Awards Song Writer of the Year
- 2022 ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Music Awards for Every Chance I Get, Girls Want Girls, On Me, Rags2Riches, Wants and Needs
- 2021 BET Awards for Best Male Hip Hop Artist
- 2022 BET Awards Dr. Bobby Bobby Jones Best Gospel/ Inspirational Award for We Win with Kirk Franklin
- 2020 BET Hip Hop Awards Most Impact Track for The Bigger Picture
- 2021 BET Hip Hop Awards Best Duo or Group
- 2022 Grammy Awards Best Melodic Rap Performance together with Kanye West and The Weeknd
- 2021 iHeartRadio Music Awards HipHop Album of the Year for My Turn
- MTV Video Music Awards Best HipHop for “Do We Have a Problem?”
- 2022 XXL Awards Song of the Year for “Every Chance I Get”
Lil Baby's Endorsements
On March 14, 2023, Lil Baby dropped his current collaboration with AXE. He posted about it on his Instagram and Twitter accounts. The rapper wrote the song played throughout the commercial video.
- Scintillating Team, Lil Baby’s Net Worth 2023, Age, Height, Instagram, Kids, Girlfrien retrieved from https://www.scintillatingstars.com/lil-baby-net-worth-age-height-instagram-girlfriend-kids
- Bernadette Giacomazzo,Lil Baby’s $5M Net Worth Seems To Be Just The Beginning Of His Business Prowes, retrieved from https://afrotech.com/lil-baby-businesses-net-worth
- Kendall Parks, Lil Baby’s First Baby Mother Faces Backlash From Fans Due to Alleged Age Gap, retrieved from https://www.sohh.com/lil-babys-baby-mother-backlash-alleged-age-gap/#:~:text=Ayesha%20Golden%2C%20the%20mother%20of,17%2C%20and%20she%20was%2024.