Servings: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 12 large Sea scallops
- 6 slices of Bacon
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook bacon until crispy, then remove from skillet and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- While the bacon cooks, pat the scallops dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the bacon fat in the skillet and cook until browned and tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet and reduce the heat.
- Add the scallops to the skillet, ensuring they do not touch each other. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the scallops from the skillet and set aside.
- Crumble the bacon into small pieces.
- Divide the Brussels sprouts among four plates, top with scallops and bacon, and serve with lemon wedges.
Calories: 360 kcal
Cholesterol: 59 mg
Sodium: 612 mg
Nutrition Disclaimer: We are not certified nutritionists. Nutrition facts are an estimate and are provided as a courtesy. They are generated by an online API that recognizes ingredient names and amounts and makes calculations based on the serving size. Results may vary.
How to Store the Keto Seared Scallops with Bacon and Brussels Sprout
If you have any leftovers, here’s how to store them:
- Let the scallops, bacon, and Brussels sprouts cool to room temperature.
- Place them in an airtight container.
- Store the container in the refrigerator.
- The dish should last for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
To reheat the dish, heat it in a skillet over medium heat until heated through or microwave it for 1-2 minutes until warmed. Note that the texture of the scallops may change slightly upon reheating.