Servings: 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
- 6 medium-sized Bell peppers, cut longways and seeded
- 1.5 lbs. lean Ground beef
- 3 – 4 handfuls of Baby spinach and kale blend, cut into smaller pieces or torn
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite Taco or Fajita seasoning
- Roasted tomato salsa
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Brown the beef in a large nonstick skillet, using a wooden spoon to crumble it. Season the beef with taco seasoning and continue cooking until browned. Add chopped spinach and cook for 4-5 minutes until the spinach is wilted—season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare a large glass baking dish with nonstick spray. Place the peppers in the baking dish, and cut the side up. Spoon the beef and spinach mixture evenly into each pepper half. Top each pepper with 1 tablespoon of salsa. Bake the peppers in the oven for 25 minutes, uncovered. Check to see if the peppers are soft; if not, bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and top each with about a tablespoon of shredded Mexican blend cheese. Return the peppers to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Calories: 261 kcal
Nutrition Disclaimer: We are not certified nutritionists. Nutrition facts are an estimate and are provided as a courtesy. They are generated by an online API that recognizes ingredient names and amounts and makes calculations based on the serving size. Results may vary.
How to Store the Low-Carb Beef and Spinach Stuffed Bell Peppers
To prevent bacterial growth, ensure the leftovers are stored in an airtight container or tightly wrapped in plastic wrap. It should be eaten within 3 to 4 days to ensure that it is safe to consume.