Servings: 6 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 6 medium Green bell peppers washed and seeded
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 14.5 ounces Diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder
- ¾ cup Marinara sauce divided
- 3 slices Colby Jack cheese chopped
- 3 slices Mozzarella cheese chopped
- Begin by cutting off the tops of the peppers and discarding the seeds and insides.
- Then, chop half of the tops and set them aside. In a skillet, cook chopped onions and peppers from the tops in olive oil with some garlic until fragrant, which should take about five minutes.
- Add ground beef to the skillet and cook until it’s browned. Once the beef is browned, mix in diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, sea salt, and onion powder, and continue to cook the mixture for another five minutes.
- After that, stuff the beef mixture into the hollowed-out green peppers, and top each one with a tablespoon of marinara sauce and some chopped cheese.
- Combine the remaining marinara sauce with any liquid remaining in the skillet and pour it into an 11×7 baking dish.
- Finally, place the stuffed peppers on top of the sauce mixture and bake at 375°F for approximately 20 minutes.
Calories: 243 kcal
Nutrition Disclaimer: We are not certified nutritionists. Nutrition facts are an estimate and are provided as a courtesy. They are generated by an online API that recognizes ingredient names and amounts and makes calculations based on the serving size. Results may vary.
How to Store the Low-Carb Beef Stuffed Pepper
To prevent bacterial growth, ensure the leftovers are stored in an airtight container or tightly wrapped in plastic wrap. It should be eaten within 3 to 4 days to ensure that it is safe to consume.